Sunday, September 2, 2012

40 Days to proof


When I would be English, I could tell you that I was really OTT last week. And that I subsequently have made a very long TDL (mostly in my head). But since I am Dutch it is just that I was glad to hear I will have to sign the contract for the new house Wednesday September 5, and I already ticked a few of the things on my to-do-list, like energy, phone and internet connection.
From the day on I have to sign the new contract through the day I have to hand in the keys of this house are 40 days. Convenient enough when that would be all I have to focus on. But quite a challenge when there are many things that can’t be put on hold. For example there is the Machine Learning course I started recently which does require about 10 hours a week minimum for 10 weeks in a row. And tomorrow the minor Brain & Cognition begins with a tight schedule that requires attending daily classes. In between that I will have to strip wallpaper in the new house and do lots of other things but also strip this house from everything I want to take with me. Believe me, every day so far I think of something new I need not to forget.
Since moving houses is in the top 10 of stressful events already on its own and the fact that I am pretty stubborn and a perfectionist who can’t easily delegate, there is more than a small chance that there will occur some troubles the coming forty something days. Not so imaginary that I might suffer from temporary losing stuff which I desperately need to have for school or work. Or that one of the external links in this chain (for example Energy company, Telephone company)  is weaker than I want and causes my isolation from the connections I need to go on.
It is also a fact that people like to know about how other people struggle. No offence, but that makes it also a great opportunity to increase the number of readers and followers of my blog. I like to be followed (as long as it is not stalking!) therefore I decided that this will be the thread for my blog. Wouldn’t it be nice to read 40 short updates from me and this project to witness my downfall to utter insanity? Or, even better to me, to read that studying psychology is an advance to tackle stressful events with a Zen like calmness and a serene smile. Then I could make a book about it afterwards, my first “Self-help guide of how to survive moving houses, living your life and keeping your sanity”. I might have to reconsider the title of such a book a bit, perhaps a little shorter. Anyway, that is how I’ve planned to continue this blog. Short updates which may put a smile on your face, a tear in your eyes or an indifferent shrug of your shoulders. Comments are welcome but rude ones will be removed of course. Let’s move it, I’ll be back here on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment